Here are some of the different ways you can show support for SB 1157 (Mitchell)- Strengthening Family Connections: In-Person Visitation
1. Use the story-bank to tell us about your experience with video visitation, why in-person jail or prison visits are so important, the importance of family communication during incarceration, etc. If you do not want your story to show up on the campaign page, please feel free to contact Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Sign up for our email list, and we’ll keep you posted on how you can get involved!
3. The Senate Public Safety Committee will be hearing our bill on April 12. Tell the Senate Public Safety Committee to vote “aye” on SB 1157 Strengthening Family Connections by signing our petition.
And if your Senator is on the Senate Public Safety Committee, please consider giving him/her a call to tell him/her to vote “aye” on SB 1157:
- Senator Loni Hancock (Chair, Senate Public Safety Committee)
- Senator Joel Anderson (Vice Chair, Senate Public Safety Committee)
- Senator Steven M. Glazer
- Senator Mark Leno
- Senator Carol Liu
- Senator Bill Monning
- Senator Jeff Stone