The more stories we collect the greater impact we can have. If you or someone you know has been charged high fees to send money to a prisoner or to access money when released from custody we would like to know the following:
1) The name of the facility and state it is located in.
2) The name of the company processing the money or issuing the debit card.
3) How much money was taken from you? Were the fees disclosed? If so, how?
4) What documentation do you have?
5) When did it occur?
6) Did you object to the fees and try to get a refund?