SB1001: The bill strips ALL oversight of the Department of Corrections
We need to let all of the following Senators know that we OPPOSE SB1001, before it is too late. The bill strips ALL oversight of the Department of Corrections.
Barker, George L. (804) 698-7539
Deeds, R. Creigh (804) 698-7525
Edwards, John S. (804) 698-7521
Hanger, Emmett W., Jr. (804) 698-7524
Herring, Mark R. (804) 698-7533
Houck, R. Edward (804) 698-7517
Howell, Janet D. (804) 698-7532
Locke, Mamie E. (804) 698-7502
Lucas, L. Louise (804) 698-7518
Marsden, David W. (804) 698-7537
Marsh, Henry L., III (804) 698-7516
McDougle, Ryan T. (804) 698-7504
McEachin, A. Donald (804) 698-7509
Miller, John C. (804) 698-7501
Miller, Yvonne B. (804) 698-7505
Petersen, Chap (804) 698-7534
Saslaw, Richard L. (804) 698-7535
Ticer, Patricia S. (804) 698-7530
Vogel, Jill Holtzman (804) 698-7527
Watkins, John (804) 698-7510
Whipple, Mary Margaret (804) 698-7531
Let these Senators know:
· The bill description is very misleading!!
· The bill strips ALL oversight of the Department of Corrections!!
· The bill stops the Board of Corrections from having to report to the General Assembly!!
· And, it will nullify other statutes relating to the Board of Corrections authority to handle matters related to the
Department of Corrections!!
· They need to take a closer look at what this bill REALLY does!!!
This bill needs to be re-referred to Senate Courts or just plain killed tomorrow on the floor!!